Meditation – Beginners Guide
Just leave all your work aside and meditate for 5 minutes every day, you will see the differences happened to your mind and your body.
1. Find a quiet, peaceful space. Establish an area where you can be alone and uninterrupted.
2. Get comfortable. Wear comfy clothing, drink some water, sit on a pillow, and light a candle or some incense.
3. Sit down and dig in. A common meditation posture is seated with your legs crossed, back straight, and hands resting gently on your lap. This is the recommended position as it opens you heart and airways and lets your lower body relax.
4. Close your eyes and begin deepening your breath. Try inhaling for a count of 6, holding for a count of 2, and exhaling for 6. Giving your mind this simple task to focus on will help clear your head.
5. Don’t set expectations! Simply sit down and experience what happens. Do this for just 5 minutes and notice the shift in your thoughts and how you feel.
6. Set a routine. Meditating at the same time each day helps you get comfortable in the practice. Meditating first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed is easiest.