Now that you completed Module 1 and have a better understanding of your energy score, now it’s time put some practical action to achieve success on all aspects of your life.
In my opinion, Success means achieving goals and becoming happy.
There is a powerful formula to achieve Success. And that is…
How do you eliminate failure?
There are four powerful steps that I want you to focus on and take massive action.
Step 1 : Enthusiasm
Become excited about your new goals and get prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve success. Be aware that disappointments and hurdles are not uncommon, but you sustain the enthusiasm.
Grab your mobile phone, using the voice recorder app record your voice and say the following.
I am enthusiastic about this goal/project because
Make sure you save the recording file and listen to it at least three times a day. If you can listen to it more, the better.
At the end of each week, check on whether doing this exercise is influencing your perspective towards your goals. Be honest. If the answer is yes, you are on track. If the answer is no, then you need to come up with more strong reasons to stay enthusiastic about your goals.
Step 2 : Conquer Avoidance
When the ball keeps rolling and your project gains momentum, there will be stress and pressure that will build-up.
The pressure will challenge you to become more adaptable and force you to change your thinking and change your behaviours.
Many of us instead of accepting the challenge and change, we tend to avoid taking actions. This avoidance behaviour needs to be conquered!
We tend to avoid people who are our constructive critiques. We knew who they are and how much they care about our growth. It could be your friend, colleague, partner, or a family member.
1. Write down the name(s) of those constructive critiques and reach out to them
2. Share your current goals with them and ask for feedback
3. Take their advice on board and if you think it’s valuable then implement as part of your goals.
4. At the end of every week or fortnight, analyse your progress and check if their advice is working for you.
Step 3 : Curb Excess
Once we get into the habit of getting in the avoidance mode, we will start procrastinating.
Procrastination is not an uncommon thing for most humans. However, it is the thief of time and we need to curb this behaviour.
I am sure you want to avoid excuses and get rid of procrastination. Here are the practical ways to do it:
- Rework on your goals every fortnight. We tend to set wrong goals because of external pressures or lack of knowledge. Setting the right goals involves clarity about our values, beliefs, strengths, and weaknesses.
2. Often, we tend to set the goals right but struggle with progress because of lack of focus. It is important to write down and be clear about who we are, what we want to do, and stay focussed on that.
3. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. Goals and action plans should go together. Prepare a monthly and bi-monthly plan and track the progress.
4. Positive Mindset. Do not let your fears and insecurities influence your affirmative actions towards achieving your goals.
There will be little to no room for procrastination and excuses once these 4 steps are followed correctly.
Step 4 : Stop the Blame
Instead of taking personal responsibility for our lives, we tend to blame…Instead of taking personal responsibility for our lives, we tend to blame…
a) Circumstances. Examples – I do not have the money, my health is not good, the government is bad, etc.
b) Other people: Examples – My partner is not cooperative, my boss is a bully, the society is very demanding, etc.
Even if you are a person who does not blame others or/and circumstances, it is a good practice to follow the action steps below.
Create and print Positive Affirmation Cards and write down the following in each one of them separately.
- I am a confident person
2. Good opportunities will become available for me
- Personal and professional satisfaction is achievable
4. Excuses, procrastination, and blame games are time wasters
5. I am destined to be successful
Once the cards are ready, read these positive affirmations first thing in the morning and last thing before you go to bed. Repeat it every day. Review your progress every week.